College Aid Pro – October 3, 2022
College Aid Pro Office Hours is a free, live event for parents, students, teachers, financial advisors, and anyone looking for answers to the questions keeping them up at night in regards to college financial planning. Each week, a CAP college planning expert will host the event and get through as many questions as possible! We are happy you are taking the proactive approach to learning about the best ways to shop for college, because knowledge is power in the process of applying to college.
In this Office Hours event, Dan Bisig, one of our college planning experts, answers questions regarding these pressing topics:
– In a divorce situation where parents have 50/50 custody
– who should complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile
– Do 401k, IRA, SEP values need to be included in investment values?
– What do I do if I my student has more than 10 colleges to send the FAFSA verification?
– Is there a deadline on when I should get my financial aid forms submitted by?
– Do I need to include the value of my older child’s 529 plan or other siblings 529 Plans in the FAFSA or CSS Profile?
– Where do I find colleges that will give me student scholarships?
– Is there a way to add additional details to the FAFSA the same way you can to the CSS Profile?
– How do I handle explaining to a college that my income today is different than it was back in 2021?
Our next Office Hours session is scheduled for Monday, October 17th, at 7 PM EST. If you are not already signed up or wish to share this with others, the registration link is provided in the link below.
Take a peak at blog posts curated by our experts!
It seems like in the world of financial aid there’s always one question that bubbles to the surface: what tax year are we basing our
There are still colleges in the United States that offer full-ride scholarships to attract students with high ACT or SAT scores. However, the number of