- This event has passed.
Cambria Investment Management & College Aid Pro Present: Navigating the College Funding Maze & Helping Families Cut the Cost of Higher Education
May 17 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
College costs continue to rise and the four-year sticker price of college now exceeds $300,000 at some of our most prestigious institutions. As a result, our outstanding student loan debt exceeds $1.6 trillion. Part of the problem is that most advisors are never trained on financial aid. It’s time to raise the bar in college funding advice. Join us to learn how you can better guide families through the college funding maze and make more informed buying decisions.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
Project a family’s financial aid and out of pocket cost at individual institutions
1. Create a college funding plan and ensure students graduate with manageable debt without robbing retirement
2. Understand the key differences in the federal and institutional formulas used to determine a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) need-based financial aid eligibility
3. Income and asset strategies to maximize financial aid offers
4. How to analyze, compare, and appeal financial aid award letters
5. Cash flow and tax planning strategies for college
6. Balancing college and retirement goals as part of a comprehensive financial plan
Interested in learning more?
- May 17
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
- For Advisors
- Event Tags:
- College Bound Families, College Finance, College Financial Aid, college financial planning, College Funding Mistakes, College Planning for Financial Advisors, College Planning niche for Financial Planners, Cost of Attendance, Education, FAFSA, Financial Advisors, Financial Advisors Business Goals, Financial Aid, Financial Aid Appeals, Merit Scholarships, Paying for college, Private Scholarships, saving for college, Scholarship, student debt crisis, student loans
- Cambria Investment Management
- View Organizer Website
- View Venue Website